Friday 29 March 2013

Credits



A Big Thanks guys!


The climbing crew and invaluable family tour guides without whom this holiday
would not have been the memorable experience that it was and always will be.



Further Thanks to...



My sister in Law who dutifully carried out her customary duties for my mother's memorial gathering,  in Zimbabwe!
She graciously stayed behind to my mind their younger kids in Johannesburg, while my brother LG, teenage nephew
L- junior and I flew off to Capetown for a glorious 4-day break.



And...
To my elder brother N who accommodated us in Capetown and took time off work to guide us around the city.


Not least of all to all my brother's in law's aunt A and sis  K who were generous with their time and provided us with transport, accommodation  fine food, wine, fantastic company and entertainment in the brief time I stopped over in Johannesburg.

Not least of all a special thanks to my husband who selflessly looked after our three wonderful children here in arctic Britain, while I basked in the sun for 2 weeks.

This may sound weird  but my final thanks goes to Trevor Noah, a stand up comedian that K introduced us to. With his uncanny ability to traverse the racial and social spectra (in the same way Key and Peele are doing in America) he taught me a great deal more about South  African culture and politics than Wikipedia ever could.

More importantly, I now have a newly found sense of confidence in my mixed race identity.






1 comment: